As a tenant in a rental property, it's sometimes hard to know what you need to cover and what you don't. As you don’t own the building, you don’t need to worry yourself with buildings insurance, but you might want to consider contents cover for your personal belongings and any items you’re legally responsible for under your lease agreement.
- Protection for fraudulent use of lost or stolen credit cards with contents cover
- New for old replacement, where Allianz agrees to replace your items
- Protection for your portable items away from home with the optional Personal Effects cover5
- Option to pay by the month at no extra cost3
For full details of the conditions and exclusions for our home building and/or contents covers, please refer to the Prestige Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document, Classic Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document, or Vital Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement.
To review the Key Facts Sheets available for our home building and/or contents covers click here.
Save up to 10% on your first year's premium when you buy a new policy online (1,2)
No Claim Bonus (1,4)
Claims lodgement service
Online, any time
The most convenient way to make a renter's insurance claim is via the online claim form. Submit your renter's insurance claim notification 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whenever it suits you. Once it is lodged, a friendly claims consultant will contact you as soon as possible.
Over the phone - 24/7 claims hotline
Call the claims hotline on 1300 65 17 77 and a consultant will help you.
National Seniors Australia Ltd ABN 89 050 523 003 AR 282736 arranges this insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL No 234708. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision, please consider the Prestige Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document, Classic Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document, or Vital Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement. If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium.
We may receive a percentage of profit on Home (excluding flood) and Motor policies arranged by us or renewed with Allianz in each calendar year. Profit is calculated using a specific formula and we will only be paid to the extent that the profit exceeds the agreed threshold.
We also receive an annual upfront marketing contribution from Allianz which is a percentage of the base premium earned on policies which we arrange for Allianz in the previous year (excluding NSW CTP). This is repayable on a pro-rata basis if your agreement is terminated.
For more information about our remuneration, ask us before we provide you with any services.
1. Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, we also apply each of them in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements. Discounts may not be applied to the premium charged for optional covers such as flood (where applicable).
2. Any online discounts offered are applied to our standard rates (excluding optional covers) and are for the first year’s premium only (unless stated otherwise). Other discounts may apply to insurance purchased via other methods.
3. Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
4. To qualify for the maximum No Claim Bonus of 30%, customers must have had no home or contents insurance claims in the preceding five years. However, customers who have had up to two claims may still qualify for reduced No Claim Bonus.
5. The optional Personal Effects cover is only available in conjunction with contents cover.